Dropinka® is Claudia Benetello, a professional interpreter for the music industry
Dropinka® is Claudia Benetello, an independent professional based in Milan. Claudia doesn’t consider herself a freelance interpreter so much as an artisan of communication: she does live translations between English and Italian of everything revolving around music.
What makes her so special? Her great expertise in this field, stemming from her professional experience in the music industry.
Claudia Benetello earned the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English the top certification of knowledge of English) and completed the Advanced Training Course in Interpreting Techniques (Italian/English) at the SSML in Varese. She also earned her Master’s Degree in Music Communication for the Record Industry and Media at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan and worked as Promotion Manager at the Friends & Partners concert agency (now the F&P Group). Besides, she has worked as a publicist in the music industry as well as music journalist (she is a member of the Journalists’ Association). That is why she is the perfect interpreter for roundtables, interviews and press conference with singers, artists and bands.
What an interpreter does and types of interpreting
An interpreter is a professional who orally translates from one language to another. This can take place after the speaker has completed part of his or her discussion (consecutive interpreting) or as the person is speaking (simultaneous interpreting and whispered interpreting, also known as chuchotage).
Interpreting is an art that requires a series of skills. The interpreter must have an excellent command of the language (and the culture) from which he or she is translating, in-depth knowledge of the subject being discussed, and excellent communication skills in the target language.
Dropinka® can help you with interpreting skills in all three modes:
- Consecutive interpreting: the interpreter takes notes and translates after the speaker has completed part of the discussion.
- Simultaneous interpreting: the interpreter, seated in a soundproof booth, listens to the speaker through headphones and translates into a microphone. The audience can listen to the translation using earbuds, or directly through the amplifier system in the hall (oversound).
- Whispered interpreting (chuchotage): the interpreter translates simultaneously – during the speech – sitting next to the listener, speaking softly and without using equipment.
The translator instead works in writing.
Claudia Benetello is both an interpreter and translator specialized in the music industry and she offers interpreting and translation services in this field.
English <> Italian interpreting for the music industry
Because of her prior experience as a promoter, in the press office and as a music journalist, Claudia Benetello mainly interprets for the media:
- Press conferences with international artists
- Roundtables with a small group of selected journalists
- Interviews (radio, television, press)
Claudia can also help at conventions tied to music and meetings exclusively involving the music industry.
Three good reasons to choose Dropinka® for your interpreting needs
- Subject matter expertise: Claudia specializes in music and translates exclusively in this field to guarantee you service that fully meets your expectations.
- Careful pronunciation: Claudia is effective above all on the radio and TV, thanks to her clean delivery without any inflections.
- Added value: capitalizing on her professional experience as a promoter, in the press office and as a music journalist, Claudia offers interpreting services with high added value.
Robbie Williams, Dave Gahan, Noel Gallagher: these are just a few of the artists that Claudia Benetello has had the pleasure to translate live at roundtables, press conferences and interviews.
Would you like to hear her voice? Listen to it by clicking on the various images.
What people are saying about Dropinka®
These are the words of those who have relied on the interpreting services offered by Dropinka® in the music field.
I had the pleasure of working with Claudia on an important and delicate project. She was precise, prompt and open, and immediately established an excellent rapport with the artist she was interpreting, which is very important and doesn’t happen every day. We will unquestionably work together again in the future.
The fact that she is passionate about music and knows exactly what she’s doing when she’s working between artist and journalist is essential and makes a difference, since a translation error can create problems in terms of communication.Jessica GaibottiUniversal Music
Claudia perfectly translated the questions the journalists’ questions to one of the most representative figures on the British music scene, as well as his answers, grasping all the different nuances. She was also very open and professional after the interviews, working separately in order to clarify points our colleagues had missed.Carlo MandelliANSA
Anyone who translates our conversations with artists has a fundamental but tricky task. That person needs to follow the thread of the journalists’ discussion (and it’s not that simple). And can’t miss a beat in the interview. With Claudia, I participated in press conferences with hugely popular and often long-winded, complicated and abstruse artists. She was always focused and precise, transforming words that were sometimes meaningless, leading nowhere, into sentences that made sense! That’s the secret of a great interpreter. It was a real privilege to meet her again at roundtables (her colleagues don’t always guarantee the same accuracy).Paolo GiordanoIl Giornale
Fees and prices
Every interpreting job is different. Contact Dropinka® for a customized quotation, with no obligation.